Thursday, January 26, 2006

Temptation

When I took this picture of Isabella I instantly knew what my next blog would be about. I snapped this picture just as I caught temptation getting the best of my little girl. I was making the filling to my sister's birthday cake, the cool whip had been sitting there open for a few minutes while I measured out other ingredients. Isabella had been standing there on the chair the entire time, but when I turned my back to go to the refridgerator she thought she'd found the perfect moment. Luckily for me I'd caught her starring at the whipped cream and knew she was just awaiting that perfect moment to take a taste without getting into trouble. So I grabbed my camera and took a picture before she even realized that I'd seen it. I then promptly removed the contaminated part of the cream and we continued with our baking. But this got me thinking.

What are the little temptations that get to me everyday? What makes me cave when I think no one is watching? I could list many - sleeping in instead of working out, having the candy from the candy jar rather than the banana sitting right next to it!

I don't know about you, but I seem to fall for temptation alot. I come up with grandiose ideas about things I want to do but when it comes right down to it I can come up with a million excuses why I don't want to or shouldn't have to! So because of this incident with Isabella I've been thinking more about the temptations that I cave into and am trying to have more will power when it comes to working out, cleaning, and eating better. It is amazing sometimes how little things are children do set our minds going, and help us to be better people.

Have a great week everyone!

Jen

2 comments:

-Laura- said...

At least Isabella waited until you weren't looking! She's smart! Janelle just tells me to look away or go in the other room when she knows she's doing something she's not supposed to!

Malinda said...

She is my kid of woman!!! Goes for the good stuff!