
Two weeks ago this coming Saturday marked Natalie's 6 month birthday! I cannot believe it has already been 6 whole months, time is moving so much faster than it did with Isabella. Because of our schedules and being able to get into the doctor we just went today for her 6 month check up. At 4 months she weighed 15lbs 12.5oz. I was expecting her to weigh about 18.5lbs, but much to my surprise when I put her on the scale the numbers went up and up and up! They finally ended at 19lbs 11oz! I couldn't believe it! She was almost 20lbs already! She is in the 95th percentile for her weight!
It is so funny to me that she weighs so much more than her sister did at this age (2-3lbs more) because Isabella was a much better and much more consistent eater. Isabella just loved her food more than Natalie does, well...her bottles at least, Natalie is a better solid food eater. But Natalie has, with the exception of her birth weight, always been at least 2 lbs heavier than Isabella was at each appointment. I guess since Natalie would have been 10-11lbs at birth had I gone full term (thank goodness she came 4 weeks early) she has just been catching up to the growth rate she would have had if she'd started that big. Does that make sense...probably not! No use in analyzing it anyway, she is a healthy and happy 6 month old baby girl, and that is all I can ask for!
Have a great week!
~Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment