
Every morning when Anthony leaves Isabella has to go outside to wave good-bye. I think it is Anthony's favorite part of the day. She closes his car door for him, then waits for him to unroll his window so he can lean down and give her one last kiss good-bye. Then she waves and blows kisses literally until his car can't be seen on our street anymore. Of course, she doesn't always go out fully clothed. As you can see this morning she sported her pj shirt, panties, sunglasses and flip flops!
It started on Friday morning. Isabella woke up throwing up. YUCK! Throwing up sick is the worst when they're too little to get themselves to the toilet. She didn't throw up alot so I figured we'd contracted some sort of 24 hour stomach virus and she'd be good to go on Saturday. All appeared well on Saturday but we continued a light diet so her stomach wouldn't be bothered. We breathed a temporary sigh of relief since we figured she was done and Natalie hadn't gotten it.
Then Sunday while I was in the shower Isabella came running in the bathroom screaming that she needed to go to the bathroom. She was already in her Sunday dress and ready to go. I tried to prompt her to get on the toilet but she just kept screaming and then I realized (I saw) what was happening. Diarrhea. Lovely, I know.
So, we stayed home from church but she seemed fine the rest of the day. Again, Sunday night we breathed a temporary sight of relief. Wrong again. Monday she had more, and more of it. Then Tuesday she seemed fine again in the morning - then Natalie started throwing up. So I figured, well at least Bella is over it. WRONG AGAIN! I think I should stop trying to figure out when it is over. Bella continued with the diarrhea and Natalie just wanted to be held all day yesterday.
So now we're at today. This morning both girls were laughing and playing and Bella was jumping on all the beds. I wasn't going to guess that it was over though b/c like I said Bella had 1 good day before starting more and Bella typically acts fine until she suddenly screams, "My tummy hurts" and we sprint to the bathroom.
Anyway...without the disgusting details the point of my post is that being homebound stinks. Choosing to stay home and having to stay home are two completely different things. I can't even really take them outside b/c it is so blasted hot and I don't want to aid their little bodies in dehydration. So...if you would say a little prayer for my girls to get better so we can resume our fun summer.
~jen


3 comments:
I am so sorry! I don't think I ever knew true pain until the first time Emme was really sick! It just breaks your heart. I hope they get feeling better and I hope you don't get whatever they have! Take care!
Awww, that makes me sad to think of your little babies so sick. That really does stink to be stuck at home. I know what that's like since we only have one car right now. I hope everyone feels better soon!
I'm so sorry too! That is the WORST kind of illness for little kids to get...and the worst thing for moms to clean up. I hope they're both feeling better, and that you get to get out soon! It's no fun being stuck at home especially with sick kids.
Post a Comment