


I have to admit, when it comes to having my kids pictures taken I've been kind of a snob. Despite Wal-mart's attempts to lure me into their studio with the promise of a gazillion photos for under $10 I haven't gone because I've never really like the results I've seen. They've been alright, but I always thought other places, i.e. JC Penny, Sears, Picture People, did a better job. Yes, they're more expensive but I'm frugal and decide before hand how many pictures I'm going to buy - so it never matters how many cute ones there are, I pick my favorite and get a certain amount of that one. I think a few times photographers haven't been too happy with me b/c I've had coupons for 2 free sheets and I walk out of the store with my 2 free sheets having paid nothing.So a few weeks ago when we were in Texas my mother-in-law wanted pictures of all her grandkids and we headed to Wal-mart. In the beginning I wasn't too optimistic about the pictures turning out great. I thought they'd be okay, but not great. Then we proceeded to have one of the best photo shoots ever! The kids were SO cooperative. No tears! We got great shots of all the grandkids and then individual shots of all 3 of them as well as my 2 girls together. The guy who took the photos was great! I just got the pictures in the mail from my mother-in-law and again when I opened the envelope I kept saying, "Wow! These are from Wal-mart!"
That being said, I'm taking Natalie for her 1 year portraits (even though the picture at walmart could be used, but I have bought a new outfit that I want her picture taken in) this coming week and I guess you could say I'm returning to my snobbish ways - and going to Picture People!
4 comments:
They look so cute! I like their matching dresses.
The pics turned out great! I was surprised by Wal-Mart too, but I still want to try out some other places in the future (with coupons of course). Can't wait to see more of the birthday girl soon!
Man, you just moved to Texas like yesterday with your cute little haircut and adorable little 12 yr old face. Time does zoom by when you are having fun. The kids are adorable. I am so proud of you.
Say hello to the family for me!!
Your pictures turned out so cute! Your girls are too cute in their matching dresses! I am totally the same way about pictures. If I'm going to spend the money, they better turn out well! People keep telling me to try Wal-Mart or Target out, but I'm so picky about quality. Maybe one of these days I'll try them.
Post a Comment