Wednesday, October 11, 2006

D is for DOG


The Preschool Gang. Jacob, Jaren, Tessa and Bella.


Tessa and Bella.


Jacob eating his "Dirt."


Coloring their pictures.


Isabella has been participating in a preschool class once a week for the past 3 weeks. There are 4 kids in the class so the 4 mothers take turns hosting and teaching the class. Yesterday was the 4th week, and my turn to teach!

Each week we do a letter and so this week was letter D. I decided we'd talk about Dogs. We read Go, Dog. Go! and another book called The Diggingest Dog. We had stuffed animal dogs out for them to play with, I let them pretend to be dogs for a little while, we played Doggie Dominos (I made dominos using paw prints and colors), sang some songs and colored Dogs. All the kids, except for Tessa, agreed that eating the "dirt" was the BEST! (if you don't know dirt is made with chocolate pudding and oreos)

It was alot of fun. I think I could have used 1 or 2 more activities for time, but I just let them play for the last 15 minutes. My next turn is letter H, I think we're going to have a hat party.

Hope you're having a great week!

Jen

3 comments:

Brianne said...

How fun - I want to eat some dirt! By the way, "The Diggingest Dog" was one of our FAVORITE books when we (my brother and sister and me) were little. I think a hat party is a great idea for next time too!

~Jen~ said...

Brianne - me too! Infact the book that I read was the one I read from when I was little! My mom still had it!

-Laura- said...

How cute!! I love the dirt idea! Too bad I don't have letter D...maybe next year. Looks like the kids all had fun!