Friday, October 27, 2006

Our Visit to the "Pumpkin Patch"

You may have noticed that the words "pumpkin patch" are in quotation marks in my title. This is because it wasn't REALLY a pumpkin patch, but Isabella thought it was.

Let me explain. We had planned on going to one of Tulsa's best pumpkin patches today with our play group, however, when we woke up it was raining and cold. Isabella was very disappointed. I was able to make her happy in the morning by going to play at a friend's house and then telling her that if it stopped raining we'd still try to go with another friend in the afternoon.

As soon as it stopped raining all she could talk about was when we were going to the pumpkin patch - but then it was really cold and windy and I just didn't want to drive 45 minutes for my kids to only spend 15 minutes at a pumpkin patch because it was too cold. So I put them down for a nap, and Isabella was devastated, she cried and cried and cried!

So while she was down I decided to see if I could find one in town. I figured if it was a small one with no admission fee and we only had to drive less than 5 minutes to get there I didn't mind snapping a few pictures and getting back in the car.

I found a few and after the girls got up we picked up my mom and headed to find them. Well, the first place we went was closed, the only thing we can think of is that it was because of the weather. The next place we went that typically has a pumpkin patch every year, didn't have one this year. So we drove to a few other places we thought MIGHT have one, and of course they didn't. Finally we drove to a local nursery that I had seen some pumpkins at when I drove by during the week. They had enough pumpkins that in Isabella's mind she thought she was at a pumpkin patch!

I wonder what she'll think of today's "pumpkin patch" when we go to the REAL one on Monday!

Have a great weekend!

~jen

There was this small cart near the entrance of the nursery, so we decided it was a picture spot.


Natalie LOVED exploring in the pumpkins, but if you think she was going to drop her crackers than you're just plain crazy!


I moved a pumpkin near to the haystack for a picture opportunity, much like what you would find at an actual pumpkin patch.


Natalie's pick.


Once Isabella found this pumpkin, she didn't want anything to do with any of the others.

A not-so-great shot of me and the girls, but hey, we tried!


3 comments:

-Laura- said...

That's so funny! What a great mom you are! We had big plans to go to a pumpkin patch in Flower Mound today until Janelle woke up with an infected ear and a fever this morning. Maybe we'll go to the local one next week. Your pictures still turned out adorable!

Brianne said...

What a cute bunch of girls - YOU included! That just goes to show you that kids really don't expect too much (most of the time). A few pumpkins can pass as a whole patch in a pinch!

Anonymous said...

What cute photos. I love Natalies smile!!