
The day I have dreaded for a LONG time has come. Isabella has given up naps! After 2 weeks of her keeping Natalie awake during nap time I finally admitted to myself that it was time. So, in order to keep my sanity b/c I NEED that mid-day break, I have instituted a daily "rest" for her. This means that when Natalie goes down for a nap, Isabella gets her pillow, blanket and some books and goes into my room for a rest. She doesn't HAVE to sleep, but she can if she wants to. I put on the soundtrack to Disney's The Lion King which lasts about 45 minutes. She has to listen to it twice before she can get up, so after 45 minutes I go check on her and re-start the music. A few days ago Anthony was home during her "rest" and he and I fell asleep on the couch and didn't go in to re-start the music. She didn't come out of our room or anything but when I woke up to Natalie's cries Anthony checked on Bella and she was laying on the floor by our door. Nothing seemed odd so we just let her come out and we went on with our afternoon. While making dinner she was doing something in the kitchen and I noticed some pen marks on her feet. Upon investigating further I found it was all the way up her legs! I asked her when she'd done this and she said during her rest. I asked her if she'd colored anything else in mommy's room and she said, "just my books." Her books?! I was sick. The books she brings in with her to bed are books that I collected when I was about 9 and I purposely kept them very nice so I could read them to my kids. When I went and found them she hadn't colored a ton, but enough to make me sad. The covers each have markings as do the first few pages of each book. I still am sad about them getting marked up, but I guess I need to look a little bit closer and make sure there aren't any pens or pencils on our night stands when she takes her rest. Even though she knew it was wrong to do, sometimes temptation gets the better of her.

3 comments:
Oh, the joys! I'm already dreading the days of no naps, but hopefully it's still a LONG way off. It really does help your sanity. Sorry about your books, but you have to admit the whole thing is kind of funny. I hope "rest" time becomes a little more uneventful around there - at least YOU got a nap in!
Kids are so sneaky. My mom has kept some books that my sister colored on and she loves them...they hold some very special memories. I bet these will too....in time!
I know how you feel. Janelle gave up naps awhile ago too. Once in a blue moon she'll take one, but usually she just has quiet time too. Sorry to hear about the books! Janelle has ruined a few of my favorites too. What sneaky little kids we have!
Post a Comment