Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Something's Fishy


After much convincing Isabella was brave enough to stand next to the glass, although she did flinch a few times when the sharks would get close!



You can't see it, but there is a 122 pound turtle in this picture. Isabella sat and watched it for a long time! The plaque said that they estimate the age of turtles to be 1 year for every pound!


The coral reef was Natalie's favorite.

Grandma, Isabella, Natalie and I took a trip to the Oklahoma Aquarium today. We had a great time. Natalie especially loved it, she'd squeal and kick her legs when she saw something she was interested in. Isabella was a bit timid at times and nervous about the fish, but we finally convinced her that they couldn't get her - until we say the sting ray pool. It was open on the top and you could look in and they would come right up to the side to splash and act as if they were trying to get out. We've been home for a few hours and she still tells me that she doesn't like the fish that splashed her. Although it was a fun afternoon I'm sure it will be our only trip to the aquarium here. The prices are ridiculous, we had a buy 1 get 1 free coupon today thankfully, and in just over 1 week Isabella will cease to be free. I guess in the next week and a half we need to run out and do everything that is free for children under 3!

~jen

1 comment:

Brianne said...

How fun! Bella cracks me up. I can't believe the prices at these places either. We went to the Dallas World Aquarium a couple years ago with Jeni's kids and it was ridiculous! Ben would probably enjoy it though and I guess we better go while he's still free too!