Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Caught Sticky Handed



Isabella has, for the most part, always been a child you can count on. She's had her moments and her phases as all children do but she's ultimately always been a good girl. I've always considered her responsible enough to do things such as eat lunch unattended for a few minutes so that I can check my email, or do something else that takes me from the kitchen.

So yesterday during lunch Natalie fell asleep in the high chair. I cleaned her up and took her to bed and on my way back to the kitchen decided to stop in and look at my email. Isabella was eating her peanut butter and honey sandwich with apple slices. There was also some left over apple dip on the table from preschool earlier that morning. I wasn't worried about her making a mess at all. I would estimate my time away from the kitchen as 5 minutes. The above picture(s) is what I found upon returning to the kitchen. Needless to say the apple dip was thrown away, Bella had to have a bath, get her hair washed, all her clothes needed to be washed, and I spent the next 30 minutes finding apple dip all over my kitchen!

Have a great Wednesday!

~jen

4 comments:

Brianne said...

What a mess! Kids will be kids (even the mostly well-behaved and responsible). Apple dip is just too tempting for an almost 3 year old like Bella - it's too tempting for an almost 27 year old like me!!! She sure is a cutie though, with or without the caramel face!

-Laura- said...

Mmmm...it sure looks yummy though!

Malinda said...

We had a similar thing happen at our house. One day I walked into the kitchen to find the twins painting each other with peanut butter. They had it ALL OVER. It was the biggest mess I had ever seen. The next week It was cool whip all over each other. What a joy!

Wendell said...

Jennifer,

I found your page via Brianne's. It looks like you are doing great. I hope so, and just wanted to say hello!