Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Little Green Celebration


Since today was St. Patrick's day and since I'm always looking for a reason to do something fun or silly I decided that we would have a family St. Patrick's Day party. It started about 8:30am this morning at breakfast when we all sat down and had Lucky Charms. I had thought about making green pancakes, but figured it was a cereal that we all like that I rarely buy and it was alot less work! I made sure everyone had something green, some from our own closets and others new and then planned a dinner and movie night for this evening. We had fun. I think Isabella's favorite part was the pinching, we saw Grandpa this morning w/out any green on and he got a nice pinch. She talked about pinching him for the rest of the day, she thought it was pretty funny.


I found this green outfit at Target on the clearance rack! Isabella's headband (and Natalie's bow) also game from Target, they were in the Dollar Spot! I did have to remove a hideous leprechaun decoration from Natalie's but you can't beat $1 bows when they're that big. Anyway, all day Isabella told me she didn't like her outfit because it wasn't pink. I think the new color was refreshing and I will get her in this outfit as often as possible.

Apparently infants and toddlers aren't allowed to dress in true colors - if they're girls that is. After finding Isabella's ADORABLE green outfit, not directly St. Patty's but fitting for the day I went in search of something similar for Natalie. I didn't want anything that said St. Patrick's Day or had a shamrock on it, I just wanted a regular outfit that happened to be true grass green. I'm telling you it doesn't exist. I think Children's Place is the only place I DIDN'T get to and I saw on line they had something in a color called "lucky" that could have been the real deal. But I decided that this white dress already in her drawer would work if I added a green bow. Ta-da! A festive outfit.

I added this picture just because I like it.


Our dinner wasn't exactly GREEN, but we had some green in it. Green Caesar salad, green grapes, green drink and pudding parfaits with green cool whip. I just didn't think my girls or Anthony would eat food that I had dyed green, and we certainly weren't going to eat corned beef and cabbage.


After dinner the girls were given green gift bags and sent to search for anything green we might already have in the house. Here they are showing off their finds.


After the green "scavenger hunt" we told Isabella about leprechauns and the pots of gold they search for at the end of rainbows. And then we told her that we had hidden a green bag in the living room. It was her pot of gold, or her treasure to find. She quickly located it and in it was the movie Peter Pan. We always buy the Disney movies when they come out and since it was St. Patrick's Day and Peter Pan wears green I thought it was appropriate that we watch the movie. Isabella agreed that it was a swell idea.

Hope you had a happy St. Patrick's day!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

what cute ideas! I'll be bugging you in a couple years to remind me of these things so I can do them. You're a great mom!

-Laura- said...

You are SO creative! What a fun day! I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's Day on Saturday until I was out the door (greenless) and I heard it on the radio. Needless to say, I did get pinched!