Sunday, March 04, 2007

Little Ms. All Grown Up


This was the outfit I put her in after church today and I just thought she looked too cute and so grown up.


Here is her first picture from NURSERY!!! (more about that below)


Since Daddy has had to be gone for school a lot lately we've instituted a weekly movie night. Every Saturday night we stick in a movie and pop popcorn. Natalie has a special way of eating her popcorn. The bowl in her lap is empty, she's poured it on the floor to her right. Any time she wants a new piece she reaches down to the floor, puts it in her bowl, and then laughs and eats it. What a stinker!


In the coming weeks we'll be getting Natalie a big girl bed. Isabella got one when she was 17 months old, and did well. I am a little more skeptical about Natalie because she's a bit more of a handful than Bella. PLUS Natalie has seen Bella get out of her bed and when Bella got her big girl bed she didn't realize she could get out of it. Add to that the fact that they share a room and could now get into each other's bed and I'm a little nervous, but it is obvious that Natalie is ready. I don't want to wait too long, or she'll be climbing out of her crib.


Uh-Oh! Caught!

Someone commented on an earlier post that Natalie was looking grown up. Not only is she looking grown up, she's becoming grown up! She's a full fledged toddler now. Today I took her to nursery for the first time. She still technically has 3 weeks until she turns 18 months but our nursery leaders allow you to start bringing them a month early if you go with them so they can get used to the teachers and kids. One hour into it she was not even noticing I was there and there were not many kids there so the nursery leader told me to go on to class and they would come and get me if she needed me.

So, for the first time in 18 months I got to go to my class, I didn't have to leave because of a loud, stinky or hungry baby - I got to listen and I actually got something from the lesson! Amazing! For the past few months she's been so hard to contain that I've dreaded church, and now I'm actually looking forward to next week.

Now, despite the fact that I am THRILLED that she started nursery and did so well, I am a bit sad about my baby growing up. When I took her to nursery today I was noticing how much older the other kids seemed to me, she is the youngest by 4 months and at that age that is a big difference. I said something to the nursery leader about it and she commented how in the first 2 months of nursery the kids seem to mature a lot. As I thought about that later I remembered Isabella at her age, she was talking a bit more than Natalie, but basically she was on the same level as Natalie is now. Then I think about Isabella when Natalie was born, just 3 months later, and she was a completely different child in every aspect. It is sad and yet exciting to think that in the next 3 months Natalie will change so much. Anthony keeps trying to institute a rule in our house that the girls have to stop growing up, but unfortunately it isn't working yet.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Jen

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Hooray for nursery! Natalie really does look more grown up all of a sudden - especially in that first picture. Movie night sounds like fun. I wonder if Ben would sit and watch a movie? He usually has to be contained somehow to focus on the tv or a movie. I'm sure, however, that he would take up Natalie's popcorn eating technique in an instant - how funny!

P.S. You are one brave woman trying out a big girl bed for Natalie already! I'm keeping Ben in his crib as long as possible!!!

Rhonda said...

They do grow so quick! Mine is only 6 1/2 and doesn't like to be held like a baby anymore. I just don't know where the time goes.

Seable Family said...

Natalie is looking so grown up. What a cutie! You are brave to already be putting Natalie in a bed. I cried the day Jake learned how to climb out of his crib.

Ashley Canady said...

I can't believe she is that old. I agree with everyone, you are brave to get her a big girl bed. Hayden is 15 months and I am keeping him in there as long as possible. She is adorable.

Emily said...

Wow, Nursery is a big step... for mommies! How are you doing with no one to hold during sunday school? It was so weird for me the first couple of weeks, I missed that "excuse" to get out of anything!