We hope everyone had a Happy Easter. We certainly did! It started with a small egg hunt with friends on Friday night and then concluded with a complete sugar overload last night!
Here are their Easter baskets. This year the Easter Bunny spent the last week going to every McDonald's he could think of to find all the Madame Alexander, Wizard of Oz toys. Thank goodness you don't HAVE to buy a happy meal to get the toy!
When we arrived home from church the Easter Bunny had been their and had hidden the colored eggs we left him. As you can see the girls thought finding them was great fun.
I didn't get many pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. This is the best of Bella. We had to wear sweaters and tights because it was barely 40 degrees when we left for church.
And of course you must eat a chocolate bunny!
This is the result of all the sweets, its called an over-dose. We were all sitting around eating strawberry short cake, not paying attention to Natalie, and when we turned around this is what she had done. Needless to say we headed straight for the tub.
So, as you can see we had a good day. I believe the best part for me was the fact that I think Bella actually grasped a bit of the reason we celebrate Easter. When we asked her what she talked about him her class at church she told us "Jesus' hands." After more conversation we knew that she understood there were marks in His hands. It is a very small start to grasping everything, but she is only 3 and like I said, it is a start.
5 comments:
Fun, fun, fun! They look so pretty in their Easter dresses! We had cold weather too...bummer. Poor Natalie was so sad she messed up her pretty hair. I'm sure licking the beater was still worth it though. They're both so cute!
I love Bella's dress!! I couldn't really see Natalie's dress but I'm sure it was just as cute. Easter looked fun at your house!
Poor Natalie, What's a girl to do when she gets whipped cream in her beautiful hair?
Such a fun Easter, you are such a nice mommy getting all the Madame Alexander dolls for your girls.
All the fun pictures. Love all the easter shots as well as the aniversary prom picture and pictures of you!! It still seems like yesterday when short haired, 12 yr old Jennifer moved into our ward. You were and are such a beautiful girl/woman.
It is great to see your joys!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love looking at your blog because you always have such fun, creative things to do with your kids!
Post a Comment