Monday, April 23, 2007

Sisters


May your paths always lead back to each other.
-- Author:Unknown

When I was pregnant with Natalie and found out that I was having another girl I was so thrilled. I hoped and dreamed that Isabella and Natalie would grow to be best friends. This is still my hope and my dream.

Right now they are having a bit of a hard time getting along. It is a phase I am sure, but it still makes me sad to see them fight. Earlier this week Isabella was especially frustrated with Natalie for some reason and she declared to me, "She is NOT my friend." I was a bit heart broken by this, but then of course reminded myself that she is only 3 and really doesn't mean that. When telling my mom about it she said to tell her something to the effect of "a sister is a friend when the rest have all gone."

How true that is! I have many friends who I still keep in contact with from high school, but none as close as my sister. We weren't always as close when I was younger because of our age difference, but now we are closer than ever. We talk almost everyday and I am so glad that I was blessed with a sister. I hope that someday my girls will be as good of friends we are. (sorry, I have no good pictures of my sister and I, we'll have to work on that the next time we're together in June)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful picture!

I agree 100% with everything you said. From being thrilled with having a 2nd girl, to wanting them to be friends, and having a sister that I am so close to now and talk to almost every day! I love it.

Emily said...

Gorgeous Picture. I love it.

I tell my boys,
"Brothers are forever". when they fight. It seems to mend the broken hearts.

-Laura- said...

That IS a gorgeous picture!! Don't worry, I'm sure Bella's just going through a phase. My sister and I use to fight ALL THE TIME when we were little - now things are much better!

Seable Family said...

That is such a beautiful picture!

Malinda and I use to fight all the time too. Now we are such close friends. I have missed her so much since we moved away a year ago. Now we talk to each other everyday on the phone! Thanks heavens for unlimited long-distance!

Jeri said...

Thank you for the nice comments Jen. I love you too and I am so grateful to have you as my sister. I look forward to talking to you each day and looking at your blog to see your two beautiful girls growing up so much. I love you !!!

Jeri

Mindy said...

Yeah, unfortunately kids do bicker quite a bit. But then they have the opposite heart breaking moments like when Cameron is scared of the storms tonight and Colin let him sleep in his bed with him. Very sweet! Thank goodness for the tender moments.