Sunday, May 20, 2007

A fun and crazy weekend!

This weekend was my birthday. More specifically, today was my birthday - but as is typical for me the celebrations lasted all weekend, and actually are not yet completed.

It all started Friday night when Anthony and I had a date night in. We try and plan one every weekend. Basically all it entails is putting a little more effort into one of the weekend nights, we wait and have dinner together after the girls go to bed and do something like watch a movie. This week, however, I put a little more thought into it. I got a fondue set for mother's day so I decided that Anthony and I would try it out on Friday night. First I did a cheese fondue and at the same time we played 20 questions. I had each of us write down 10 questions about things we normally wouldn't talk about and then we took turns picking them out of a bowl and answering them all while dipping everything we could think of in a rich cheese fondue. Yum! We ended the night with an even richer chocolate fondue and sparkling cider. It was divine.

Then Saturday morning I was blissfully asleep when at 6:45am there was a pounding on my door. I jumped up, and woke Anthony up to go and get the door. Pretty soon I heard my friends giggling and coming down the hall. My two crazy friends Lacey and Kessa had come to take me to breakfast for my birthday - complete with a LOVELY birthday ensemble for me. It was so much fun!

After breakfast I spent the rest of the day shopping by myself and getting an oh-so-needed pedicure. Then that evening Lacey took our kids so Anthony and I could have a date night out! Two "date nights" in a row - I guess that helps make up for the lack of them over the past semester.

Today, of course, was church and then after our naps we had dinner and cake at my mom's. Today was a relaxing day - which is perfect for me. Tomorrow my mom is taking me out for lunch for my birthday and then when we get down to Texas my mother-in-law says she's going to have a dinner for me as well. I guess I really know how to stretch out the celebration!

It was a great birthday! Thanks to everyone for helping to plan a GREAT birthday for me.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it has been GREAT! And how fun that your friends came to take you to breakfast! I hope you continue to enjoy your birthday celebrations!

Brianne said...

How fun! Just wanted to say a quick happy birthday to you :)

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday!!

Rhonda said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a blast!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday, what special friends!

Seable Family said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

-Laura- said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun weekend! Can't wait to see ya this week!