Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Day at the Beach


This Tuesday the girls and I took our first trip to the beach. Neither Isabella or Natalie had ever been to a beach before. Some friends of mine have decided to go every Tuesday to a beach about 20 minutes from us so we decided to try it out. It was a hit. Once again this experience showed just how different my girls were. Isabella is much more girly and timid while Natalie is much more adventurous.


I told you she was timid, this is about how far she would go in on her own. Natalie on the other hand walked in by herself until the water was at her shoulders. (I was of course right there trying to help her but she didn't want any help, she's my little fish!)


Natalie's 2 favorite things are water and dirt. She loves being in the water and she loves playing in the dirt - or anything that will make her messy - so the beach was PERFECT for her. She was in heaven.


Isabella loved this raft. It really came in handy b/c it enabled me to take both girls out in the water. They would both sit (or lay) on the raft and I would push them out in the lake and bring them back. This only works if they're very still so they don't fall off, but they did very well. It wasn't our raft, and we borrowed the arm floaties so since the girls loved the beach so much I guess we'll be needing to acquire our own raft and floaties.

Hope you're all having a great week!

~jen

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks like fun! I am 99% sure that my girls will be like yours. Hannah is going to be a little Natalie. I can tell already. Your pictures turned out great!

Emily said...

I love taking my kidds to the beach, it is one of the best activities that I have found for our family. Did you picnic?

I love your pics, Nat looks so cute in her pepto pink bathing suit, and Bella is such a bathing beauty. I love it!

-Laura- said...

How fun! I mentioned to Kyle a few weeks ago that we needed to take a day trip to the lake, unfortunately some little ears were listening and Janelle asks when we're going to go all the time! Your pictures made me want to go even more!