Saturday, June 02, 2007

TEXAS - Where everything's big, including this post!

Since I am late in posting I decided just to make one post - I'll try not to make it too long so I won't go into much detail just share the highlights.


On the first day of the trip Nana wanted the grandkids to have their picture taken together. So we went to Sears. It would have been great except Natalie didn't cooperate, once the pictures come in I'm SURE they'll be a whole post dedicated to this.


After the pictures (thank goodness) Natalie got into my make-up bag. She thought she looked gorgeous!


The next day I got to meet all of you in blog-land, well not everyone in blog-land but most everyone in MY blog-land! It was fun to meet new and see old friends.


You'll have to forgive this picture as it is not significant to anyone but me. At the VERY end of the blog get-to-gether Natalie fell down the inside of that circular ladder you see behind the rock wall. It provided me with probably the scariest moment of my life. Had she moved her head or legs at all she would have hit one of the rungs of the ladder causing her to bounce against the ladder the entire way down. Thankfully she didn't hit anything on the way down and was just frightened. I still get a bit shaky just thinking about it and it was over a week ago!


Here is Bella and her cousin Sammy getting a little bedtime story from Nana, Bella loved playing with her cousin Sammy.


The next day I was lucky enough to get to visit with 2 good friends from high school. It was so much fun seeing them again!
(Me and Bella, Brianne and Matthew, and Shelley and Abigail.)


Mama and Papa, the reason for the trip! Sunday morning we drove to East Texas to be at Papa's last church service before retiring. It was great to be with them! They are a great example to us both in their marriage and in their faith.


After church Anthony took us to Mama and Papa's old house. This is a place where he spent alot of his summers as a child and a place which carries fond memories. They are selling the home now so he wanted to visit it one last time and take a few pictures. Here are the girls sitting on the rocking chairs on the front porch - I'm sure we'll find one of their daddy doing the same thing.

All in all it was a great trip to Texas. A little rainy, but we got to see everyone we thought we would and had a good time visiting. Its just too bad I had to come home and get sick, I'm crossing my fingers that the rest of the family doesn't catch my bug next week. I'm still not feeling 100% but I'm pretty well there. I just wish I could get rid of this terrible cough!

2 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY GOODNESS-- My hear skipped a beat when I checked your blog and saw Natalie's face, I thought it was black and blue from the fall and that she had some sort of facial damage! What relief when i saw it was just makeup. You poor thing, I could tell you were all upset after that fall-- I am glad that Natalie survived yet another day and there were no broken bones (or smashed faces) involved. It was so much fun "meeting" you and I hope that we get to do it again sometime!!

Brianne said...

Quite the eventful trip! Glad you guys could make it down here for another visit. It was great catching up in person even though I check your blog everday! Hope you continue to feel better!

P.S. I meant to tell you how great you look...your work-outs have really paid off! John even noticed, and that's a BIG deal!