Monday 7/16 - Swim
Well, as of last night I was going to throw a cycling class into my workout this morning and then swim, but apparently I overslept. I woke up at 5:35, and the class started at 5:30am. No biggie. I just hurried out of bed and was at the YMCA by 5:50am and decided to get a run in first since the pool is usually occupied by experienced swimmers until 6:30am and I don't like to be embarrassed by them especially on my first solo swim. So I decided to work on my speed today and was able to run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes. I was excited by that since I typically run close to a 10 minute mile and I really want to shave time off my run by almost 5 minutes.
I get so nervous to swim and today was no exception, and even more so b/c I was doing a solo swim. No one to instruct or help me. I just wanted to work on where I was last Friday. I have to say compared to 2 weeks ago I am much improved but I still have to take a break after each pool length. I feel like maybe if this week I continue to work on form and breathing that maybe by next week I can begin to work on stamina. Today I'm just proud of my overcoming my fears and embarrassments and getting in the pool by myself. I feel so self conscious being a 27 year old women who can't swim correctly. Silly, I know.
Tuesday 7/17 - Weight Lifting Class
Since I ran and swam yesterday I just did weight lifting today. I love this class. It is by far my favorite.
Wednesday 7/18 - Cycling Class
If the body sculpting class is my favorite by far, this is the opposite, my LEAST favorite by far! It is hard. But everyone has told me it is a good prep for a tri - so I continue to go.
Thursday 7/19 - ?
I blew it today. My work out partner called last night to say she couldn't go. Bella was in our bed last night so I didn't sleep good so when I finally got up the energy to move her back to her bed at 4am, I turned off my alarm and snuggled into my husband and went back to sleep. If I double up tomorrow and maybe even Saturday I can make up for it.
Okay, so I'll grade myself w/out talking about Friday and Saturday. Lets just say that I repeated Thursday on both days. I'm giving myself an F for the week. I did TERRIBLE! So, I have to recommit this week and my goal is to be able to award myself my first A. I can't lose steam, especially as I was just catching on to the swimming.
1 comment:
Keep truckin' along Jen. You're doing great.
Post a Comment