Thursday, August 23, 2007

Have a Good Day

It took a LONG time to get Natalie to actually submit to folding her arms during a prayer. She has got on now, and had been mumbling things during prayers as if she was praying. Just last week her mumbling became audible. So, as we begin each prayer (or any prayer she is present for, not just ours) we hear.

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

Have a good day.

AMEN!

It would seem that Natalie REALLY wants to have a good day!

She gets this because one of the first things Bella says in her prayers is either "I thank thee for this day," or "Please bless us to have a good day." And I realized the other day it isn't just Bella, it seems to be the opening line in most of the prayers in our household. So I guess its a matter of attention span, that is the only part of the prayer she is paying attention for, although she definitely recognizes the end. I guess when her listening skills increase we'll move on to different things in her prayers. But until then...

...have a good day!

2 comments:

Brianne said...

How funny. We still can't get Ben to fold his arms (or sit still, or be quiet for that matter) during prayers so you're way ahead of us! If he does, it lasts about 2 seconds. Sometimes he'll bow his head with his eyes half-closed, but will still be playing with a toy or looking at a book so I don't know if that counts for much. I think we've got a long way to go just to get to "have a good day" :)

Melissa said...

What a sweetheart! I guess that is a good lesson to learn? Even if that's the only lesson she can pay attention long enough for! Madilynn folds her arms before we even start to pray, just because we sit at the table, but then she is eating or something while we pray, only to fold her arms and nod her head in agreement when we say "Amen"! Kids are so funny!