I do need to update on the triathlon. I am STILL doing it. It is in 2 weeks. SCARY. I admittedly have bordered on quitting. However, the thought of disappointing my blog readers always weighed heavy on my mind. (or the embarrassment of having to tell you all that I DIDN'T follow through). I was supposed to do a mock-tri last weekend but it stormed and so we couldn't swim or do anything outside. We did however bike indoors for 40 minutes and run 3 miles on a treadmill. Today we rode 10 miles on the bike and I'm feeling some confidence in my ability. We will see. I will let you know.
Natalie's birthday is in 2 weeks, but her party is the weekend before so I'm sure I'll have lots to post soon.
Oh, on a side note I had a church Young Women's activity at my house tonight. I was asked to put together a lesson on hair and make-up for the YW. (I'm not one of their leaders, I am the children's primary chorister) Anyway, while prepping for it I saw the coolest T-shit and I kind of made it my motto for tonight. We didn't talk about dress necessarily but modesty in our make-up and hair styles. So here's the slogan -
MODEST
IS
HOTTEST!
IS
HOTTEST!
I couldn't agree more! It was fun to have all the young women here, although it made me realize what an old fudd-i-duddy I am. Seriously, I think I am getting old.
Anyway - I just wanted to check in and tell you I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. I don't know where I've been, just not blogging!
Have a great week!
Jen
4 comments:
Good for you with the triathlon stick-to-it-iveness. That's awesome! I'm always making goals and forgetting about them a day or two later, so I'm impressed you've trained so hard for this. You'll do great!
You have a lot going on, good luck with it all.
Hey Jen!!
It is so neat seeing your beautiful family! You haven't changed a bit! Say hi to Anthony for me! Keep in touch!
I've missed ya Jen! So glad you are back on the blogging bandwagon! Love the new look of your blog, it is cute. Our ward made T shirts when I was in YW for Youth Confrence that said "Modest Girls are the Hottest Girls". I love it!
Post a Comment