So next in my plan for a good photo shoot was to buy her one of those HUGE lollipops to lick during the picture. I figured it would get her distracted enough to sit for the picture with little to no complaint and even if she wasn't looking at the camera as long as she wasn't screaming I wouldn't care. So $8 in lollipops later we have 1 broken one immediately and then she proceeds to lick hers twice and then refuse it. (Bella on the other hand had lollipop ALL over her face.)
So then we actually get into the room in the studio where they are going to take her picture. Well, I guess all of us were in the room but Natalie. She simply REFUSED to come in. We tried. I brought her in kicking and screaming. The photographer asked if maybe she'd be happier in the front of the studio by the big window that looks out into the mall since it wasn't so closed in. Worth a shot...but it didn't work. She was SCREAMING. So now since we're at the front of the store we have the shoppers passing by witnessing the tantrum and giving me a look like I am a bad mom for forcing my child to sit for a picture. So we tried to distract her with a toy car, a slinky and numerous other tactics to get just 1 precious shot. I have to tell you....when you see the pictures we got you'll doubt my story but just ask my mom - after the sitting and all the screaming we saw and heard our jaws dropped to the floor when we saw the results.



P.S. Just to prove my story come back tomorrow and check out the ones we DIDN'T buy.
4 comments:
Wow! You would never know she was having a fit, these turned out so great! That's one impressive photographer...which place in the mall was it???
No kidding, those did turn out great!
I must say, I am pretty nervous about getting the girls pictures done next month. I'm pretty sure Hannah will not sit still at all. She will likely try to crawl off the table as soon as we put her there. I guess I would rather her do that than scream though!
The dress is beautiful by the way!
SO CUTE! How funny that there's a tantrum behind those shots! Spencer did that for me last time we went too. Glad you got some good ones!
Thanks Sarah. We got the dress at Kohls. They have it in brown and blue like we got but also in brown and pink.
Brianne, we got the pictures done at the Picture People. I always use them for my birthday pictures - I've only had 1 bad experience with them. I also love using their coupons for a free sheet and JUST getting that free sheet. I've done that plenty of times when I'm going for a just because picture - like I'm going to take the girls there on Halloween for the FREE picture and then we'll trick or treat through the mall.
Post a Comment