Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!


I realize it has been over 10 days since I posted - which is practically unheard of by me - but all the Christmas pictures will have to wait b/c today is another special day in our house. TODAY is Anthony's 28th birthday.

I met Anthony about 12 years ago. Yes, he was 16 and I was 15. Little did I know then what an important and life changing role HE would play in my life.

At first, we weren't even friends, just acquaintances. It took more than a year before we became friends and a whole other year before we began dating. Then 3 1/2 years later we were married....our anniversary is in just 3 days - this week is FULL of special days.

So today I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures of my sweetheart. And wish him a very happy birthday!


This is us in St. Louis on a dinner train ride. I was pregnant with Bella at the time, it was kind of our last vacation before she arrived.


I love this picture b/c it is a moment I missed. It is one of the first times Anthony held Isabella. Her delivery ended in a painful c-section that required me to be put under. I was a groggy mess with no memory until 9am the next morning and so I've always regretted that I missed so much. But I LOVE the pictures that were taken while I was "out."


This is Anthony and his grandparents at his college graduation.


This was the day Natalie was born. He has always been so in love with his girls.


This is a rare picture of he and I. I am always behind the camera and he is always at school, so it seems rare that we're both in a picture together.

This is Anthony in Geneva Switzerland 2 summers ago. We hated having him gone, but I love the pictures that came back. (I also loved seeing how much he missed us.)


This has to be one of my all time favorites. It is from last year's Daddy daughter dance. It was canceled due to snow but Isabella had been looking so forward to it that we couldn't let her be disappointed. So Daddy took her out on a date and she requested to go to Chic-fil-a. They went all dressed up, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He got an employee to take their picture for me.

These are just a FEW of my favorites. I don't have them all on the computer. But I wanted to share them as a tribute to my sweetheart on his very special day. I love him so much and the girls adore him. Our lives wouldn't be the same without him!

Happy Birthday Anthony!!!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Anthony! How nice to at least have some time off from school to celebrate Christmas, birthdays, and anniversaries. Hope they're all great!

~Jen~ said...

Yes, but we're VERY aware that this is our LAST year to have such a nice long break. This year it is 1 full month. Next year it will probably be 1-3 days.

Such is life. Happy Anniversary to you guys tomorrow.

Emily said...

Cute photos, enjoy your time together!