YEAH! Diapers be gone!
Okay, so we're still having some troubles with #2, but she's getting there. And I'm not ready to start taking her in public just yet in her panties BUT - at home Natalie is in panties all day! She's totally caught on to #1 and even tells me when she needs to go herself. Its so cute she'll be playing and all of a sudden she'll say, "Potty Mommy hurry!" and go running down the hall.
The other funny thing about her being potty trained is she HATES when she has an accident, whether she's in a diaper (nap or bedtime) or in her panties. If she has a wet diaper when she wakes up she'll say, "Yuck Mommy, diaper stink! Off!" and on the rare occasion she does have an accident at home in her panties she starts screaming, "EW! Bath! NOW!"
She has done so well and caught on so quickly. My original goal in starting this month was to have her trained by February 1st. I would guess that before then we'll have the #2 issues solved and she'll be able to go to public places in her panties too.
I am so proud of her. She's even kept her diaper dry during naps, and at night for the past 4 days. I am going to really enjoy these next 7 months without diapers!
3 comments:
Congrats! Please pass along any tips on getting the #2 issue sorted out. Maggie's had the same problem since September. She can keep her panties clean but she WILL NOT poop in the toilet. It causes so many problems (she's eventually writhing on the floor in pain, even after putting diapers back on her) that I've given up on potty training and just keep her in diapers. I figure I'll give it one more try in March when the boy are out of school again.
Good luck!
I'm sooo glad things are going well with you on the potty training front, because it's totally sucking the will to live right out of me.
Isn't it so great to have them out of diapers. Emme is potty trained now and I feel like I have climbed mt. everest! Congrats!
Post a Comment