Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A whole lotta nothin'.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! I wish I had some exciting post to write, or some cool pictures to share BUT I have to admit I haven't taken 1 picture since Christmas day. (I can hear the gasps - I know I'm a picture-holic.)

So what have we been doing if not taking my typical thousand pictures?

Just what the title says - a whole lotta nothin'! And I'm not kidding. This is our last year to enjoy Anthony home over the holidays for an entire month. He graduates in May and then will start his job in August - we figure next holiday season he'll get just a few days. As of today we still have 12 more days of him, he starts back January 14th.

We spent the first week of the holiday traveling, the second celebrating Christmas with family here and then this past week just relaxing. Our kids have somehow sensed this too and have been sleeping in until around 8am each morning which has been SO nice. We lounge around in the morning, eat lunch together. I've been taking naps while Anthony plays with Bella in the afternoon, then he takes a nap once I'm up with the kids again. We eat dinner together, play games before the girls bedtime and then Anthony and I have been watching movies.

By the look of our home we've been totally neglectful to it. BUT I have been loving every minute of this vacation. It has been so good to really step out of life for a while and just be together. I told Anthony last night that I don't EVER want real life to start again. The girls and I have enjoyed having him home so much its going to be really sad when it all starts again.

So, that is what the Craikers are up to. We're hoping today to give the house a good cleaning, but then we'll be back to our relaxation tomorrow. Happy New Year!

~jen

1 comment:

Emily said...

ENJOY IT!