For the past 2 weeks or so Isabella has thrown a birthday party in our house EVERY night after dinner. No, it hasn't really been ANYONE'S birthday in our house, but she picks the lucky recipient and gives them a party. Sometimes her preparations even begin just minutes after Daddy walks out the door in the morning. She takes all her blankets - which are a lot - and pulls out as many toys as she can, wraps them in her blankets and places them inside her Barbie house until the party. The party begins immediately following dinner. We sing happy birthday to the recipient or recipients (I think one party was for all of us), Isabella distributes the gifts and Natalie gives us empty play dishes and exclaims, "CAKE!" This all sounds like fun, except then when I ask the two of them to clean up all these wonderful presents and put them back in their places she'll say something along the lines of "I'm too tired" or "Cleaning up is boring!" or even "They're your presents you put them away!"
Story #2
Shortly after we told Isabella that mommy was pregnant and had a baby in her tummy we were playing in the living room and I told her I need to go to the bathroom and I'd be right back. She quickly replied, "You need to be careful mom when you go potty that you don't let the baby out!"
Story #3
About two nights ago Isabella and I were sitting on the couch and she said, "Mom does the baby have ears yet? Can it hear me?" I told her that yes the baby did have ears and could hear us. She came really close to my face and said, "Open up your mouth mom, I want to talk to the baby!"
She thought she had to talk down my throat so the baby inside my tummy could hear her. And if you think about that, it is perfectly logical to a 4 year old. I mean food goes down your throat to your tummy - so that should be how the baby hears us right?
Okay last one!
Story #4
Yesterday we went to McDonalds after a preschool field trip. While we were there she was too interested in playing with her friends to eat so when we got home she asked to have a pumpkin bar. I told her she needed to finish her chicken nuggets before she could have a pumpkin bar. I needed to go and do something in the office so she was left in the kitchen to eat. About 10 minutes later she came to tell me they were all gone and could she have her bar. I asked to see the box and she came back with an empty chicken nugget box. I told her yes and I would go and get it for her.
While in the kitchen out of the corner of my eye I saw 2 chicken nuggets stashed behind the candy jar uneaten. She'd HIDDEN them to try to make it appear as if she had eaten them! I have to say this really made me laugh, but I did the best I could to keep a straight face and talk to her about lying.
She's just so funny and she keeps us constantly on our toes! Life would be so boring without her.
3 comments:
Lol! Love to hear those funny stories! The daily birthday parties kill me.
Too funny! I can just picture her with her face right up to your mouth talking to the baby... so sweet!
SO CUTE, I love your cute stories! Josh has this facination with Valentines Day. He has been working on his valentines every day since the end of Janurary. It started out with just the boxed kind, and has now ended up at each individual valentine being wrapped in two sheets of white paper with a gob of tape, stickers, and pencil scribbles. When you stack them up, they get all stuck together, so we are reduced to keeping them all seperated and spread out all over the room. It's like a maze trying to get through there, needless to say I can't wait for Valentines day! :)
Post a Comment