Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to One Strong Woman


Today is my mom's birthday. I guess you could say that the past year hasn't been the best for her. Afterall, for the past 6 months of it she has endured surgery and battled cancer, not to mention the months before hand that we knew something just wasn't right.

But I am happy to say today that she is enduring well. This past Monday she completed her chemotherapy. She now has 1 month of R&R before beginning her radiation treatments, but at this point she has a clean bill of health. No cancer. A blessing for which we are all happy.

So this year I believe she starts out stronger. Although her treatments are not over, I know she will face them with the same courage and faith she has all along. This year I wish for her the happiest and healthiest of years.

Happy Birthday Mom!

Love,

Jen

1 comment:

Elly said...

That year she taught was my favorite year of seminary. Especially her homemade blueberry pop-tarts...Yum!