Friday, February 29, 2008

My New Ride


Most who read this probably aren't aware that 6 months ago my car died. Just up and died on the way to church, it wasn't old even - but still it died and we had to sell it to a salvage yard. So for the past 6 months I have been stranded. About once a week we would take Anthony to school. It is about a 20 minute drive and with the fact that he spends many long nights in the library it just wasn't practical to take him very often and then have to get the girls out of bed to go and get him at night. This left me either stranded or calling others for rides - which I hated. Honestly I don't know how my mother survived all those years when they only had 1 vehicle. Even things like running out of milk or forgetting an ingredient at the store could be a big ordeal. I certainly learned that I had taken for granted the fact that we had 2. But I am stranded no more - yesterday was my "Independence Day."

9 comments:

Ashley said...

ooooh, how fun! Pretty color too!

Congratulations on your freedom!

Jeri said...

I love the van! I can't wait to see it in person. I am glad that you are not stranded anymore. I now that gives you a lot of relief. Talk to you soon. Love ya!

Crystal said...

That will defenitely come in handy with the new baby. What kind of van is it?

Cristina said...

That is great! I will come in handy with three kids.

~Jen~ said...

It is a 2006 Kia Sedona.

Shaneen said...

Yeah for becoming a minivan mom!

Lacey said...

YAY! You're FRREEEEEE!!

Sarah said...

wahoo! I love it! I was fine with 1 car because that's all I knew... but now, I don't think we could go back for long!

Emily said...

YAY! I love my mini van. Congrats!