Monday, February 04, 2008

Sunday Beauties


We now have afternoon church, 1pm - 4pm. I personally dislike this schedule. There are only 2 positives I see to having afternoon church. #1 - you don't have to set your alarm to make sure you get up on time and #2 - it gives me time to do fun things with the girls hair we might not do on a typical day. The pros however will never be good enough to make me forget that I am missing my Sunday afternoon nap for the next year!

So yesterday I decided to take advantage of time and do somethings with the girls' hair. Ever since cutting Natalie's hair I haven't done much b/c she protests so loudly, but today I was determined to try pig tails again. I thought they were adorable!



With Isabella I put about 20 braids in it when she got out of the tub and then hoped it would fully dry before church. It didn't - and I even tried blow drying the braids. The front of her hair was pretty well dried but the back wasn't. But it still turned out to be a cute style. After we dressed her in her hip little tunic dress, stockings and knee high boots I made the mistake of telling her she was "hot." Obviously she doesn't really understand what it means b/c at first she said, "I'm not hot, I'm cold!" But when I explained to her that I didn't mean her temperature she thought it was funny and would run around the house and strike some kind of pose and say, "I'm hot!" When will I ever learn that this girl repeats everything I say to her?

6 comments:

Brianne said...

They BOTH look darling! But, you're right, no amount of cuteness makes up for 1pm church. We're on the same schedule, and now that I've done it for a month, I'm considering going inactive for the next year. Just kidding, but it is pretty awful! Not only are all the kiddos cranky from missing their nap, but I think all the adults are too. Glad I'm not a nursery/primary worker!

-Laura- said...

Cute!! I know what you mean about having time for hair. Our meeting time just switched from 2:30pm (cute hair) to 8:30am (rushed hair). Janelle's lucky if she gets anything other than pigtails these days!

Elly said...

Remember when we had church at 4:00 in Allen when they were building the new stake center? We'd go home at 7:00 at night in the dark!

~Jen~ said...

I do remember it Elly - it was torture! I don't know how we survived it. For me it seems like Sunday never really starts until Church starts so we did alot of waiting around for 4pm.

the_sanchez_fam said...

I know what you mean, we have 2 to 5. At least you only said Hot. i dropped something once when Eden was little and made the mistake of saying crap. She wasn't even 2 yet and instead of Uh-oh, you can guess what she said everytime anythig fell. It took me forever to get her to forget about that word.

Crystal said...

Bella is 4 going on 16! She looks sassy! :-)