So during "rest" time that afternoon Isabella helped me sort them out into piles.
Pile 1 - keep.
Even though we're having a boy I am not ready to throw my girl clothes away. We may have more children in the future and they may be girls.
Pile 2 - Garage Sale.
Even though I'm not ready to get rid of ALL my girls clothes I fully admit that we have more than we need to keep. So we're having a garage sale. Its our first one, I've never done this before so if you have any pointers let me know.
Pile 3 - Clothes for Natalie this spring/summer.
I need to go through and see how many play dresses we have since at the moment she will only wear dresses.
Pile 4 - Clothes for Bella this spring/summer.
This is a pretty sad pile. I guess we need to go shopping.
So now the boxes of keep are all sorted according to sizes and taped up all ready to go back into the attic and ready to go right onto the moving van come mid August. I can be such a procrastinator with certain things, but I learned after our first move that its best to be prepared for a move and its easiest to start early.
And...I'm actually 1 week ahead on my packing schedule. (yes, I do have a packing schedule written out - I am that dorky.)
Oh, and if you're in the area and in need of any girl baby clothes, shoes and jackets APRIL 12th is the day of our garage sale.
3 comments:
Way to go! That is a pretty impressive pile, Jen! Is it convenient that "nesting' and moving go hand and hand with this pregnancy? I'm sure you'll get so much done!
Oh so organized!
WOW, look at those piles! Good job for getting started early. We moved 2 times in a year once and I was never prepared. One thing I did learn and you can use it if you wish is the color sticker technique. You assign each room in your new house a sticker color, and then mark each box with the color of the room it is supposed to go in (on all 5 sides) this is great for when boxes are stacked in the garage and you are looking for something, easy to spot.
Post a Comment