Monday was a day to celebrate(excuse me, I'm a little behind this week) - so we did! Monday at 9am my mom endured her final radiation treatment. Not only was it her final radiation, but her final cancer treatment. Just in the past 6 months she has endured surgery, chemo-therapy, and radiation and now it is all over. She has had 2 CT scans in the last few months that have both shown her cancer to be gone! She will have another CT scan in about 1 month and we expect to see the same result.
Knowing she wanted to celebrate I put together a surprise luncheon for her. I told her that the girls and I were taking her to lunch to celebrate. I brought the girls over to her house a few minutes earlier than I told her we'd be there and told her the girls really wanted to eat at her house before going to a restaurant. (The girls were in on the surprise) Truth is while the girls ate their lunchables a group of ladies from church were gathering outside with all the food we'd need for a lunch right there at mom's house. Around 12:05pm they rang the door bell to surprise mom and we spent the next hour and half enjoying eachother's company and celebrating mom's completion of treatment.
It was so much fun to share it with friends and the food was delicious too. Congratulations mom! I'm so proud of you. (sorry I didn't get many pictures, I was too busy having fun)
3 comments:
What a sweet idea! You are such a good daughter!
THAT IS SO WONDERFUL! What good news. I hope her health continues to get better and that her recovery goes well. We've been dealing a lot with health issues in our family this past year, so I can appreciate your mom's struggle.
You are so sweet to put together a celebration for her! She must have felt extra special!
YAY for your mom!
Post a Comment