Friday, April 18, 2008

Some days are just more productive.


(Yes, this room is a mess...and you're only seeing half of it.)

So last Saturday was our garage sale. We did alright, we made about $250. Really that is great when you consider that 90-95% of what we sold was for $0.50!

Before the garage sale I would say to myself, I can't go any further until we have the garage sale and get this junk out of my house. So with the garage sale over I knew it was time. Time to start cleaning out and packing what I could. Yes, it is only April BUT August will be here before you know it and I'll be pretty much useless in the last month before we move.

Sunday night I sat down and revised and re-planned my mode of attack. Each week I am giving myself certain areas of the house to pack, clean and clear out. Boxes will be stored inside and outside. Anywhere I can get them so that they are not in the way and are no danger to my kids. After planning what to pack each week I made a daily to do list for the coming week.

This week I was to pack all the remaining baby toys that I opted to keep for Ethan, the contents of the cedar chest and the main book shelf in Anthony's office. I am proud to say that I've gotten it all done, a little bit at a time. I was supposed to do something each day but like the title says, some days are just more productive and when I have the energy I go for it. Today I packed books and afterwards I still had energy so I began on next week's task - cleaning out and packing the office closet. With any luck I'll get this task completely done next week and be able to use the closet to stack boxes in.

I have a love/hate relationship with moving. In some ways I like it because it gives me a good opportunity to purge stuff I just really don't need and in SO many other ways its just a pain!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Um, I was thinking moving is definitely just a pain! Maybe it's a little better when you're as organized about it as you are... I'm too much of a procrastinator. Keep up the good work!

Crystal said...

As always, I'm impressed with your organization. By-the-way Ethan is a great name.

Emily said...

LOVE your name choice, it's darling.

Keep it up, it will be over before you know it and you will all be settled into your new place.