I've mentioned before how much our families have helped me cope with life while Anthony has been in school, but I thought I ought to mention the others - my friends, and THIS friend in particular. Lacey and I have shared a similar path over the past 3 years as her husband, Jason, also just graduated with Anthony on Saturday. It has been a difficult road but when you have friends to share that road with it makes it so much better.
Lacey and I met the day before "Dog Law" week (aka orientation week) started. At the time she had a 2 or 3 month old baby boy and I was 7 months pregnant with Natalie. I wouldn't say we hit it off right away, but I remember shortly after school started we all went to a baseball game and Lacey and I ended up talking the entire night. In so many ways we are very alike and in other ways we are very different. But we have become close friends over the past 3 years and she will be a friend for life. I am so excited that she'll be staying in Oklahoma even if we'll be in different cities a few hours apart, we'll still get to see lots of one another when I come to visit my mom here and whenever she wants to make the trek my way.
There are many other friends who have helped me through this time in my life both here in Oklahoma and other life long friends who have allowed me to gripe over the phone or via email. So, thanks to all of you! I hope to return the favor someday.
1 comment:
I have tears in my eyes! you are so sweet.. I don't think I would have gotten through these past 3 years without the play dates and phone calls...it's been so fun. You're amazing.
Post a Comment