I went to my 36 week appointment today and my doctor guess-imated the Ethan's weight at 6lbs 6oz . I still have 3 weeks from tomorrow until Mr. Ethan is SCHEDULED to arrive and my doctor sees no indication (other than previous history) that he will come sooner....so for a fun little game - guess his birth weight. Leave it in the comments and we'll see who gets the closest!
I'll start with my guess and Anthony's guess:
JEN:
I'm going to say that I'm going all the way to July 17th and he's going to be 9lbs 2oz. I just feel like he's just as big as the other 2, and I was actually surprised at the dr.'s guess today because I was expecting bigger. (watch I'll have WAY over estimated his size!)
ANTHONY:
In all honesty he says he does not believe that I will make it to July 17th. BUT he's making his weight guess based on my going all the way and he says he's going for double digits. So he says 10lbs 2 oz.
So - what do YOU say?
P.S. My doctor's guess is between 7 1/2 to 8lbs which would make Ethan my smallest baby, but at my appointment 2 weeks ago the doctor was guessing high 8lbs to low 9's. He says he's baffled by Natalie being so big so early and this one not measuring that same way. Of course we all know that the sonogram weight measurements can be really off, even the doctor said that last week he estimated a woman's baby to be 7lbs 8 oz and the baby was born about 3 days later and was 9lbs 7oz - so there you go, its all just a guess anyway!

9 comments:
I think he will be 9 lbs even. And you will go into labor 2 days before your due date. and yes he looks like he has big lips- more kisses for mom. He looks really cute and they always come out cuter than those pictures- we can't wait to see handsome baby Ethan.
What a cute little profile. My guess is 9 lbs 9 oz... if you make it to July 17th. That's John's dad's birthday and when Ben was due too, but he still had to be induced 5 days later. My children are procrastinators just like me I guess. Whenever he comes, and whatever size, I hope all goes well!
My guess is 9 pounds 7 ounces. Less than one month to go. Yeah!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy.
Wow - so far everyone's siding with me thinking he's big! We'll see if technology beats us all. I actually lowered my guess after yesterday's appointment b/c my original guess was 9lbs 7oz.
Brianne - July 17th must be a popular birthday b/c I've had SO many people say "that's my _____'s birthday." Its actually also Anthony's grandmother's birthday too.
I think that you will go to the 17th and that Ethan will weigh 9 lbs 2 oz. I can't wait to see you.
Jen- Steve says 8lbs 9 oz-and 39 weeks
My guess is 9lbs 3oz. I can't wait to see pictures of baby Ethan!
Yikes! Anthony's guess isn't a nice one! I'm going to say 8lbs 15 oz since you have bigger babies. I love that you have this 36 week profile! That will be such a fun keepsake! Hope you're still feeling well!
My guess is 9 lbs 11 oz. His profile is sweet.
Post a Comment