Thursday, July 24, 2008
Natalie's a BIG SISTER NOW!!!
When Natalie was born my favorite thing by far was seeing Isabella take on the role of big sister, and this time it has been seeing Natalie become a big sister. I was nervous about her reaction to having a sibling, she's been our baby for so long and in the past few months of the pregnancy she's told us she was a baby and wasn't a big girl, BUT I think she was the most excited of anyone to meet her new brother when it came to the day of his birth.
She was so excited to come into the room and they had to wait for some reason, so Anthony went out to see them and they were just bursting to come in and see their brother. Natalie was the first to hold him and she just kept smiling and giggling and saying, "He's so cute!", "He's my brother!", "He's a boy!"
My favorite comment from her came later that day when she came to see me a second time and she was holding him and she looked at me with almost a look of amazement in her face and said, "I'm a big sister now!"
So far her excitement hasn't changed for her brother. She's very concerned about him when she cries or when she can't find him, and she always wants to hold him. She's always saying, "I want to hold my brother." I am just hoping this excitement and enthusiasm for him stays and doesn't change in the coming weeks as she realizes that he's here to stay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the new baby!! It was good to see your mom for a little bit again a few weeks ago. - Konrad
Post a Comment