As I posted earlier in the week, Natalie turned 3 on Thursday. But her celebrations started a week ago while we were in Texas.
Way back in July Natalie began planning her birthday. Nana came to visit to help us with the birth of Ethan and our move. When it was time for Nana to leave we were telling Natalie that we would see Nana again soon because we would be going to Texas and I made the mistake of telling her that we would have a birthday party for her in Texas. That was a mistake b/c we were going to Texas first for a wedding, then a month later for a trip that would include her birthday party. EVER since then (2 months ago) she has been talking about her birthday party and mostly her birthday cake. At Nana's she wanted a Dora cake. She has asked almost on a daily basis if it was time to go to Nana's and have her Dora cake.
Way back in July Natalie began planning her birthday. Nana came to visit to help us with the birth of Ethan and our move. When it was time for Nana to leave we were telling Natalie that we would see Nana again soon because we would be going to Texas and I made the mistake of telling her that we would have a birthday party for her in Texas. That was a mistake b/c we were going to Texas first for a wedding, then a month later for a trip that would include her birthday party. EVER since then (2 months ago) she has been talking about her birthday party and mostly her birthday cake. At Nana's she wanted a Dora cake. She has asked almost on a daily basis if it was time to go to Nana's and have her Dora cake.

When it was finally time for us to go to Nana's for her cake she was so excited!
About a month before her birthday I realized that we had to drive back to Tulsa for some doctor appointments the week of Natalie's birthday so I suggested to my mom that she celebrate Natalie's birthday while we were there. She thought that was a good idea so she asked Natalie what kind of party she wanted. This time she choose Tinkerbell.
So Grandma, of course, did not disappoint and gave her a Tinkerbell party.We had Tinkerbell EVERYTHING, including a Tinkerbell light up shirt - can you see the light on her shirt?

So then it was my turn to put together a little party on her actual birthday. This time she requested Princess cupcakes with sprinkles, although when it came down to it she said she didn't like sprinkles! Silly girl! Good thing I left some without.

So, for her 3rd birthday she had 3 parties and 3 cakes. One for each year I guess. I wonder if Isabella is going to expect 5 since she is turning 5!
I don't know what Natalie is going to talk about now, for the last few months all we've heard is, "I want a Dora Cake, Tinkerbell Cake and a Princess Cake." Lucky for her she got them all. The night before her birthday she said that she didn't want her birthday to be the next day and when I asked her why she said because she didn't want it to be over. I think she had more fun thinking about her upcoming birthday than anything else.
2 comments:
Three cakes - what a lucky girl. Happy Birthday!
Wow you guys are awesome. We totally are slackers for our Maddison. She has decided that she wants a Highschool Musical Party for her 4 year old party. I just keep thinking it is too old for her but we still have a few months to go before she decides. You all look great! Tell Anthony congrats on finishing!
Post a Comment