Thursday, October 23, 2008

That Natalie!


Last night as we were going to bed Anthony and I were talking about our girls and how they're getting just so darn big, and we started to talk about how we still allow Natalie to be a baby and we do far too much for her b/c she's just so darn cute! I made the comment that we needed to stop that now or who knows what all she's going to try to get away with when she's 16. But let me tell you, its just so hard. She just has this way about her that makes you smile and you just can't say no.


The pictures of her above are just so her. These are not isolated occurrences. This is her, everyday. It has always been a struggle to keep clothes on this child so you never know what outfit she's going to come out in next, if any at all. A few weeks ago she spent the entire afternoon in her bathing suit and when you asked her why she was wearing her bathing suit she said, "Because I can."

So I thought I would write down all the funny things Natalie does. She's just so darn cute, funny and spunky!

"Don't say it to me." - This is what she says, while putting her hand up towards your mouth, to try and stop you from getting her in trouble.

"You have to be happy." This is another thing she'll say when she's getting in trouble. She knows whatever she's done has made you unhappy and if you're happy than she's not in trouble...or so her logic goes.

"Snuggle me in the bed!" She says this practically every day, she wants to crawl back in bed and snuggle. How cute is that?

"Tuck me up!" She says this each night when she goes to bed. I guess we'd tell her we were going to tuck her in bed and this is how she says it.

"Sure I can!" This is how she answers her own questions. A few weeks ago we went to stay at Grandma's and she asked Grandma if she could sleep in her bed with her that night. Before Grandma could even answer Natalie exclaimed..."Sure I can!"

"Because he's so sweet!"
This is an answer she gives for a lot of things. Why do like Ethan? Why do you love Daddy? Why do you snuggle with Grandpa?

"Because I can." I mentioned this one before. It has a few variations..."Because I have to." being the second most common. But another small story about this one is she was making a mess at Grandmas cutting small bits of paper off of a large sheet. Grandma asked her why she was making such a mess to which Natalie replied..."Because I can."

The other thing I must say about Natalie is that she is so full of enthusiasm. I used a lot of exclamation points with her phrases and that is because everything she says is said with an exclamation point. She is fun, she is a handful, but we wouldn't trade her for anything!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have to say, Natalie cracks me up! The first time I met your cute family was at the new ward members dinner party and Natalie just came right up and sat on my lap and started chatting about her dress and why she likes it so much!

I love it when kids have that kind of spunky personality.