This morning I woke up early and was all ready to begin my week of Thanksgiving. I thought I would start with a blog and list things that I was thankful for today. So I opened the blog and tried to think of things that wouldn't be too trite. But it was early and my mind wasn't fully functioning yet so I went into the kitchen to make Anthony's lunch.
And that is where it happened.
I crouched down to get something from the bottom shelf in the fridge and the door swung back and rested on my back. When I went to stand I guess I hit it just right so that the handle which holds things in the door shelves came off, and it happened with such force that all the contents of the main shelf in the door came crashing to the floor.
THANKFULLY the only thing that spilled (and shattered) was the orange juice pitcher. The milk stayed closed and contained, the BBQ sauce stayed intact, and the chocolate syrup just needed to be rinsed off and put back.
So I stood in the kitchen in the midst of a shattered (and my favorite) pitcher with sticky orange juice quickly making little rivers in the grout on our tiled floor - and I thought to myself, "How can I not let this ruin my morning or day?"
When I did that I thought back back to the thankful blog I was trying to write and realized I can be thankful for this mess b/c I've been trying to carve out time to mop this floor and now I am doing it!
So - today, I am thankful for the mess that caused me to mop my kitchen floors! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment