Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bella's Day

We didn't have a lot planned for Bella's birthday - but we decided there was one rule we would follow. We would do whatever SHE wanted to do (well, within reason).


First we let her choose what was for breakfast. She choose doughnuts. Which, I thought, was a great choice for 2 reasons. #1 - easy for me. #2 - it went GREAT with her birthday present which was a COCOMOTION. Sound weird for a 5 year old? Well, she's been wanting one forever.


It makes great...


hot chocolate!

After breakfast I stuck a sick Natalie in the tub for a bubble bath. Then Bella requested that she get in my tub after Natalie but she wanted the jets on - which resulted in an overflow of bubbles and an AWESOME birthday bath.

Bella was so excited to go to school on her birthday. She's been talking about it for months. She got to bring a cookie treat to share and wear her new outfit thanks to Nana.



After school she got to decide what shows they watched while I put the finishing touches on her requested dinner and cake. But she quickly was bored of TV and wanted to feed her little brother his rice cereal, because that is what big 5 year olds do!


We had a yummy dinner of Spaghetti and chocolate cake. (which her chocolate cake looked much like her breakfast...only bigger)


Then she picked our evening activities. Candy Land and watching Santa Claus is Coming to Town.


I think she had a good day. She gets a little nervous when all the attention is focused on her, but I think she really felt loved. Thanks to all the well wishes whether they were by blog comment, email, card, or phone call. I think she really felt special to be remembered by so many!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Bella!
It looks like you all had a great day. That's fun to let your kids choose the whole days events!

Random question- I offered to post the themes this month on the kitchen blog, should I go ahead and post a theme?

~Jen~ said...

Danielle,

PLEASE do!! Seriously. I haven't been to that site this week and JUST yesterday I remembered! Things have been crazy!

So, start her up!

Crystal said...

I love the new camera. They take great pics. So are you still just pushing the button? I think it's great that she asked for a cocoa machine! :-) I love the b-day cake.

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Bella. Yesterday Abby wanted to make Bella a goodie bag for Christmas. Weird, I had to remind her that Bella lives very far away. I can't believe that she is already 5, crazy!!

~Jen~ said...

Yes Crystal, I am still just pushing the button. Things have been busy busy busy here with Bella's birthday. I got the camera a week ago yesterday and then I was planning Bella's party for Saturday. Then the kids all got sick and then yesterday was Bella's party. I've decided to first focus on learning about framing and such when taking a picture and THEN get into the technical stuff. I'm trying to really get to know my camera and get used to it. The technical stuff kind of intimidates me right now - although I'm not letting that keep me from learning. But I think after the holidays I'll have more time to dive in. I'm going to a seminar in January.

Seable Family said...

Happy Birthday Bella! What a fun day. I have a Cocomotion machine and I love it! What a fun gift!