Monday, December 01, 2008

Ethan's First Christmas


There is nothing like experiencing Christmas through your children's eyes. It really brings the magic of the season alive for me. This year, being Ethan's first, is especially exciting. Not that he'll remember any of it, but the look of wonderment in his eyes when he first saw the lights on our tree made me smile inside and out. (His favorite thing to do now is lay under the tree.)


Of course, the girls are excited beyond measure for Santa to come - they ask us every night if he's coming while they sleep. But I am impressed to see that Isabella also talks about and remembers that the real Christmas is about Christ's birth. That, however, does not stop her from wanting each and every toy she sees.


Anthony and I are enjoying the season as well, although we both agree that it is for the kids...but I must say, I might be more excited than ANYONE for my gift this year. I'm getting it early. Anthony told me about it last Wednesday so I could get it on a black Friday deal which I ended up being able to get on Thursday online (which sure beats getting in line at 2am - so worth the 3.99 shipping fee). So now I am tracking its every move (seriously, right now its in IL) and its scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I'll post pictures of it when it comes.

1 comment:

Christensen Family said...

When it comes, lets get together!! I want to see it!! What kind did you get?