Thursday, December 04, 2008

A New Point of View


I opened the box. I charged the battery. I read the quick start guide. Now I have a whole new point of view...from behind my 18-55mm lens.


Next on the agenda? Read the entire manual. Practice. Search online, talk to others, go to the library and really figure out what I'm doing. 60+ pictures today. But I think I need to put it away and do something productive...like maybe take a shower?

If I don't stop myself now I might not get a shower for months. The camera is too fun and addictive. I love hearing the snap of the camera, I'm totally hooked.

4 comments:

Jayme said...

I am totally jealous! Congrats for you :D

Crystal said...

These look great. So did you play with lighting, buttons, etc, or did you just click the button and they turned out that great?

~Jen~ said...

Crystal...this is just point and click at this point. My goal is to learn how to really manipulate the camera and its settings to do everything I want. But for now I'm on auto and just pushing a button. I hope to be off the auto setting at least part time in the next month.

-Laura- said...

Hooray! What a great gift! I got a DSLR for my birthday in July too and have LOVED it! Your first pictures are just beautiful!

My advice, learn about shutterspeed and aperture first. Once you figure those out even just point and shoot pics can look amazing.