
Today Ethan is 6 months old. Amazing. It is hard for me to believe that even six months ago yesterday I had not met this little man. I hadn't held him close or kissed his sweet baby rolls or felt his sweet little hand reach for my face.
I love to see Ethan with his Daddy. This mostly happens on weekends because Ethan still insists that staying awake much past 6pm is not for him. (just try to get him to stay up later and you'll see) But sometimes he gets extra Daddy time b/c it seems about two nights a week just as Anthony and I go to bed we'll hear Ethan start to chatter in his crib. Not cry, but just talk. We know if we left him alone he'd talk himself back to sleep, but we can never keep ourselves from going into his room, scooping him up and bringing him back to our room to snuggle. (Its hard to resist when you know you can do this for 10 - 20 minutes and then simply place him back in his bed and he'll happily go back to sleep.) I love it when this happens because Anthony usually takes him - and the cutest things happen. (my obsession urges me towards my camera but I restrain myself) Ethan snuggles into his Daddy's chest and reaches up to touch Daddy's face and they smile, and they talk. Pride illuminates his Daddy's face and my heart melts each and every time.
Ethan is starting to really try to be mobile. He's not there yet, but he wants to be. He got up on his knees this past Saturday, but thankfully he didn't know what to do next. (I say thankfully b/c he had been left on the couch by his sister for a few moments until I realized it.) When he lays on the floor and rolls to his tummy you can see in his face and body that he WANTS to move and get to another spot, but he can't and sometimes that can make him angry and he lets you know it! He is also chatting up a storm these days. No concrete sounds yet, but squeals and such. Also he has this funny noise he makes when he's hungry or tired - it sounds like he's a car with an engine that won't start. It makes me laugh just to think about it!
Like I said before, I can't believe 6 months ago I didn't know this little boy - and I know that the next 6 months will go by far too fast and we'll be celebrating his first birthday. If anyone figures out how to slow the clock, PLEASE let me know!
1 comment:
I wish I knew how to slow down time... then again, with 2 toddlers, there are moments and days I wish I could hit fast forward too. Ethan sounds like the sweetest little guy... enjoy those late night snuggles while you can!
Post a Comment