Sunday, February 08, 2009

Baby Food

I have made my own baby food for each of my children, but today's the first time I did a price comparison.

I just made 44 oz of sweet potato baby food (this took about 15 minutes + the 20 minute steam time) and it cost me a total of $0.79.

In jars the same amount would have cost $10.40.

Savings = $9.61

That's a savings well worth the time it took.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just started making my own baby food with Cade and it is so much better. It's cheaper and healthier and really easy. You go girl!

Gardner Grafix said...

Awesome...You will have to send me your recipies or post them on the website. I sorry I missed you guys last week. We will have to do it again soon!! BTW, I can't believe your little boy is sitting up already. I love all the pics you have been shooting. They are adorable kids and make it easy to take great pics.

Bekah said...

Hey! I am planning on making my own for this one. We didn't for Asher and wow! What a waste of money when you could be doing a better job at home. I need to pick your brain on the specifics next time I see you!

Sarah said...

That's awesome!!!! I made my own baby food with Hannah but never did a price comparison. On top of savings and better taste, I thought it was fun too!!

Seable Family said...

I have never made my own baby food. I just may have to try it this time.

Melissa said...

Wow, Sweet Potatoes must be cheaper down there! We just got 32 oz for $4.29. Its still a great savings though! I'm glad to find someone else who does this! I felt like a loan duck before! Have you ever had success getting green beans or peas smooth enough? Mine always seemed a bit rough if you know what I mean! I'd love any tips if you've been able to do it!

~Jen~ said...

No mine are kind of chunky but that is why I wait until they're older for those ones.