
For years (since middle school) seeing Celine Dion perform has been on my list of "Things I want to do in my life." Not only has it been on the list, but seriously, on the top of my list right next to sky diving, going somewhere tropical. Well, thanks to my mother-in-law, last night I crossed this one off my list. BUT she was so good, I think I will put it back on and now it will say..."See Celine Dion perform live...AGAIN!"
We bought the tickets over a year ago. We were scheduled to go in November, but she had to cancel because she was sick. So we were totally over excited last night to see her. We probably consider ourselves her BIGGEST fans, but I think we sat in an arena full of thousands of people who might call themselves her biggest fans. (including a weird man who sat next to me. He didn't say much, but he came to a Celine Dion concert completely alone. It was weird.) We acted like 2 teenage girls going to see some cute guy. I was screaming throughout the concert, we kept elbowing each other when each new song would start saying, "I love this one!" and when she said good night (for the 2nd time) I started screaming..."MORE!" She didn't disappoint. She came out for a second encore but seriously we agreed she could have sung for 2 more hours and we wouldn't have cared. But I guess that is what a good concert does - it ends before your tired of it, leaving you begging for more.
Here are a few pictures we took of Celine herself. They're kind of grainy because of the lights, but I was impressed at how far my mom's new camera could zoom (I took hers because I wasn't allowed to take my SLR - it was forbidden by the concert rules, and mom's was nicer than my old one).

I thought this cape was cool. But can I remember what she was singing at the time. No! I have such a bad memory with things like that!

Good bye Celine, until next time. (And there WILL be a next time.)

2 comments:
Wow... very cool! Maybe your next time should be my first time!
Brianne, that would be awesome! You would have loved it. I actually was reminded of high school days when she sang her old songs. I used to lay out and listen to her cd and I knew when to flip over by the song it was on. Oh, and remember we used to blast her stuff at girl's camp?
We should totally go together.
Post a Comment