
95% of the time this is where you'll find my girls.
It seems between meals and coloring time they spend their entire day at the table. I used to let them color in the living room, but after a few mishaps with marker in the couch and even a blue crayon that somehow got under the bottom of the recliner that has now stained the carpet - they're banned to coloring at the table. It makes for much longer coloring sessions too because they're less distracted by other things.With our Valentine mailboxes that we've been filling for the past 2 weeks they would literally spend all morning creating things for everyone's boxes and now that we're done with those the creating hasn't stopped. Their newest thing is to color a picture and then color "wrapping paper" and use a glue stick to wrap the "wrapping paper" around the picture and then present it to you (or any other lucky recipient) to unwrap and act totally excited.
No, I do not save them all. And NO that doesn't make me a bad mother. You should see how many pictures they make on a daily basis. We go through paper like CRAZY! I do save the really funny ones, special ones, or exceptionally good ones, and that stacks getting pretty crazy too.
4 comments:
How nice to be able to keep them entertained for so long. Do you have a scanner? If your stack of keepers is getting out of control, you could always scan them in and make them smaller to fit a whole bunch on one page and then print them out as a collage for their "art gallery". Just a thought.
I do have a scanner! That is a great idea. I had thought of scanning them into a book, but I'd never thought of a collage. Great thinking.
Cute! My girls can color forever! I love it. And Kathryn is getting more creative. I never keep any though, unless it's REALLY good.
We aren't at the coloring stage yet, but I can't wait! I was going to suggest the scanner idea too, the book idea is so fun! We've started scanning so much! Clipping from magazines, you name it. Its so much easier to organize!
Post a Comment