Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do Something Permanent Each Day

Okay Mommy's. I was enlightened. So I'm sharing it with you.

This is in reference or response to my post - "If You Give a Mommy a Task."

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your responses. I LOVE getting comments to my posts! And maybe I'm crazy, but I love when a random person who found my blog through a friend of a friend...feels so compelled by what I've written that they have to comment. (I've seriously made friends this way.)

Well, that is exactly what happened this time. And so, as I always do, if you comment and I don't know you, I check you out. I'm not going to link to her post, since I don't have permission to do so, but I am giving the credit where credit is due. Well, kind of, since I'm not mentioning her name. Here is my disclaimer: This is not my idea, its an idea I read elsewhere...I'm not plagiarizing if I don't claim credit right?

Anyway. When I read this person's post and I had an "a-ha" moment.

She was writing about much the same frustration as I was, and that you all confirmed we shared. She said she was discussing this frustration with a friend and that friend gave her a little morsel of inspiration. She told her to, "DO SOMETHING PERMANENT EACH DAY."

So much of what we mom's do can be undone all too quickly. We do the laundry all day only to end the day with more dirty clothes in the baskets. We make a meal and clean the kitchen only to have to do it all over again in a few hours. We vacuum the floors only to have our children run in full of grass and dirt within minutes. Its frustrating.

BUT what if we went to bed each night knowing we had made the time do do something permanent? Wouldn't that make a bit of difference? Maybe its writing in a journal (even blogging!), taking priceless pictures of our children, reading by ourselves, or to our children. It could also be spending an evening with our husband, or taking one of our children out for some one on one time. Something that at the end of the day no one can undo it or take away from you.

Its something to think about, something I think I'm going to be sure and incorporate into my own life and something I thought was worth sharing.

P.S. Sorry for 2 posts without pictures. I promise, I haven't stopped taking them.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great idea!!! I am going to try and do it. I hate feeling at the end of the day that I really have nothing to show for a day of hard work.

Sharee Gariety said...

Hi Jen,
It's me, the "blog-stalker" again. I'm glad you went ahead and did a post about permanence, since I'm a little slow in responding, but of course it's fine! This is one reason I just love blogging -- getting great ideas from other moms who are figuring out how to make things work. Great job being an awesome mom. I can tell you are. :)

Tiffany Feger said...

I've been trying to do something like this too. Lacey said something about doing a couple of "projects" each day.
(I'm her cousin.)
So yea, something permanent is what I've been trying to do (late at night usually.)