Friday, April 17, 2009

Ethan, 9 Months

Its hard for me to even say the words "Ethan is 9 months old." Let me practice.

Ethan. Is. Nine. Months. Old.


Its true! Today my baby boy is 9 months old.

I thought time flew by fast with my first child, which it did, and I thought it flew by even
faster the second time, which it did. This time? Time has definitely gone even faster. The only way I know how to describe it to you is that it feels like I blinked in the operating room the morning he was born and now he is now 9 months old.

I thought I would list a few little things about Ethan today.


- He is by far my easiest baby. (knock on wood) It isn't that I've had particularly hard babies, but he is just so easy going its wonderful.
- He says "da-da" all the time. And at first I convinced myself that he didn't really know what he was saying and he didn't associate it with his Daddy - I now know I am wrong. He KNOWS what he is saying. I've begged and pleaded with him to say Mama by Mother's Day.
- He's into EVERYTHING. He is easy going but man do you have to keep one step ahead of him no that he's crawling.

- He mimics sounds. Mostly with Daddy.
- I've mentioned this before, but its become more of a habit since then. He visits Anthony and I almost every night right around 10pm. He wakes up, and we go and get him and he'll play with us for about 10 minutes until we put him back to bed. Its so sweet, we actually look forward to it every night and are sad on the nights it doesn't happen.
- I posted about this earlier this week, but he is pulling up to things now.
- He is a good eater. His 9 month well check is next week and I can't wait to see what he weighs. He was 19lbs15oz at his last appointment 3 months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits 25lbs this time b/c he's so heavy. But I'll keep my prediction a little more conservative and
say 24lbs.
- He is still toothless, although his bottom and top gums have been bulging for weeks. Poor guy has been a little crabby, and often times when I check his gums to see if there are any
teeth yet they are red hot. They've got to hurt.
- He claps all the time now. We've been trying to teach him to wave bye-bye and he looks very intently at us like he's thinking about how to copy us and then he just claps his hands, as if saying "I can't do that but I can do this!"
- He's a squealer! We joke that he sounds like a little girl b/c he has the highest pitch squeal I've ever heard.
- And last but DEFINITELY not least. He's the poopiest kid I know! Seriously. Maybe its TMI, but it amazes me everyday the number of messy diapers I change. We're talking 4-5 a day. Bella used to only have 1 a day and Natalie was even better with 1 every other day. This kid,
by lunch I've typically already changed 3. GROSS!

There are so many other things I could say about our sweet little guy. But I've gone on more
than most would want to know (esp with the last one!).

Oh, and even thought it is a post about Ethan...the girls were playing with us too so here are their pictures. (As a side note, all the pictures came from 2 nights ago when we put out our bubble machine for the first time.)

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Wow... can't believe he's 9 months already! He sounds like such a sweet little guy. I had to laugh about the poopy diapers... maybe it's a boy thing because even now I'm changing 3-4 dirty diapers a day for EACH boy at my house!!! Thankfully Ben is making some progress with the potty!

Sarah said...

Wow, that has gone by fast!!!

I too had to laugh about the poopy diapers. My older girls both had several a day, nearly with every diaper change. Sadie has one every 2-3 days... it's so nice. :)

Your kids are beautiful!

elise said...

you mean there are kids that have less than 3-5 poopy diapers in a day? ...actually my second baby only has a couple... but still!
your kids look like they have so much fun with you, and i never mentioned before, but i really loved your 'what am i doing right' post a couple weeks ago, i needed that :)