Monday, May 18, 2009

10 Months


Sunday marked 10 months since Ethan was born. I cannot believe how time is flying. I don't really want to stop time, just slow it down. Slow it down so I have more time to enjoy each of his stages.

So what is Ethan like as a 10 month old? He's practically perfect...and I mean it. This kid is a dream.

-Still sleeps well, except for the occasional night time call - in which case is usually fast, although I'm not sure what happened the other night.

-He's all over the place. Taking a picture of him is virtually impossible (at least with him looking at or facing the camera).

-He finally got his first 2 teeth. They came in at the same time, just like his sisters, and the next 2 are already on their way.

-He wants to stand up to everything. The coffee table, a chair, the couch, a wall, the TV, you name it.
-He has a good appetite, but he's starting to get sick of formula. We're down to just 3 bottles a day and I think he'll be ready to drop another one in the next week.
-He wears 18 month clothing, and even some of that is getting tight. What can I say? He's just a big kid.
-He has the cutest laugh I've ever heard. It makes me want to tickle him all the time.
-He still doesn't say "Mama" - which doesn't make this Momma happy. He's content with "Da Da" and "Nana" right now. (I guess its alright as long as he still cuddles with me.
How did we celebrate his 10 months in this world? Well, we let him crawl around pirate ships.
See? We really did!
Its from the Storybook playhouses at the Dallas Arboretum. We made a (3rd one in 3 months) short unplanned trip to TX this weekend and had 1 partial day of free time with Nana. This was Captain Hook's ship. I wanted to get Ethan's picture with it, but it was SO big and, of course, he wouldn't sit still so this was the best I could do.
But, then I got this profile of him, and I love it!

Happy 10 months Ethan.

Before I know it I'll be posting about your birthday, and your first steps.

Time, PLEASE slow down!

P.S. For some reason blogger is having a problem with my spacing and I can't seem to fix it. Sorry, if it looks funny to you. Its funny to me too, I'm just not patient enough to fix it.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy 10 months, Ethan! I can relate about slowing time down, its too fast! The quote that feels so fitting to me these days is "The days are long but the years are short"

Blogger is messing with me too! Adding random spaces EVERYWHERE!

Brianne said...

He's getting so BIG! Looks like a cool exhibit at the arboretum. Would you recommend I take the boys to it? When are you making a "planned" trip to Dallas so we can get together?!

meredith said...

I cannot believe how much he has changed! He is so handsome. :) He's wearing the same size as Thomas! Don't you get tired of not being able to take pictures? I can relate since Tommy is still crawling! My boy just said Mama in the last month, so be patient!! :) Have fun!