Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ethan's Point of View

**Disclaimer: I do realize that the majority of my recent posts have been about this little guy. I promise some posts about Natalie and Bella in the near future. Right now Ethan seems to be the center of our house. And I know it is not just me. Everyone, the girls included, fuss over him all the time. And since he's the one in our house discovering the world and having so many firsts right now it hard not to constantly blog about this little guy. Okay, on the post!

The girls have been itching to get the swimming pool out this year. That is, after all, what our summers consist of - afternoons in the blow up pool in the back yard. We hadn't done it yet, and I thought we'd start this coming weekend with the holiday and all...but we couldn't wait. So Thursday I put it up and when Bella got into the van after school both Natalie and I were in our swim suits. She was thrilled.
I fully intended on letting Bella and Natalie play for about 20 minutes and then getting in the pool myself so Ethan could too. However, the girls were having so much fun playing and splashing I didn't want to ruin their fun by making them stop so that brother could be in a calm pool.
So here is how Ethan observed the fun:
Can you see him?

He was actually a really good sport about it, but you could tell he was itching to get out.



"How do I open this door?"


This is what was going on while Ethan watched. It was a little crazy for a baby to join.

Eventually I did let him out, just to see if he really would join them. But, he stayed close to the house and still watched from afar. Smart kid.

1 comment:

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

So fun- I can't wait to get Cohen a blow up pool this year- I hope he enjoys it as much as the girls do. That looks like a ton of fun- I wish I could join in.