
In the past month Ethan has become very attached to his binky and blanket. This has signaled to me that the binky must go. I'd much rather take it away now than in try in another 6 months to a year when he's completely attached to it. The blankey, of course, can stay but the binky will quickly be taken and thrown in the trash. I'm thinking next Tuesday after the holiday weekend will be the day. It might be rough around here, so if you need to call me wait until Thursday - by then I think he'll be okay.
About a month ago he started trying to keep his binky when I took him out of his cribs (he typically only has it for sleeping, long car rides and church). I always take it out of his mouth and put it in his crib. Ethan, being smart, would then return to his room after breakfast and reach into his crib until he got his binky. Many times he would also pull his blankey out and walk around with it held up close to his face...it is too cute.
Typically I take them away from him when he gets them but today, knowing that I would soon take his binky from him I decided to let him roam around a bit with it, and take pictures of him with it (because it is incredibly cute). I'll miss seeing my baby in the mornings with his binky, but I am settled in thinking that it is time to rid our lives of a binky. I am praying he handles it as well as Bella did - it took 1 bedtime and 1 nap time and then she was fine.

We'll see....my fingers are crossed.
1 comment:
Good Luck with that!! I'm too much of a wimp and my kids have them till they're like 3 :) Oh, and his eyes are absolutely striking in that first picture!!
Post a Comment