Thursday, October 15, 2009

4th, and final Annual Trip


Today was a fun day, and a bit of a sad day too. Fun because we were with friends, fun because we did something we've done every year - this being the 4th. Sad because it would be our last trip to Bixby's Carmichael's pumpkin patch. Its been a favorite outing of mine since our first trip 4 years ago. Its an outing we've shared every year with my friend Lacey and her kids. Its funny b/c I bet if we thought hard enough Lacey and I could tell you what our kids wore (and what we wore) each year b/c we have always loved the pictures from this event. In fact, truth be told the entire reason we go is for the pictures...and the kids have fun too.

In the coming weeks both Lacey and I will be moving. Infact, it was a phone call from Lacey that started us on the possibility of moving to Florida. Her husband is working for the same firm Anthony is now working for and they are moving to California. So in a way we're still tied to them and I'm glad. Lacey has been one of those friends who I just clicked with from day 1 and each time we see eachother no matter the time between visits we just pick up where we left off. Now we'll be at opposite ends of the country, but I didn't cry when we left today because I knew it wasn't a forever good bye. Sometimes you SAY it isn't a forever good bye - but with Lacey, I know. I know I'll talk to her soon, I know we'll have long talks about our kids, photography and life. I know because she is one of those friends you just can't let go of. I wish we could have got a picture done of us together...but neither of us were about to ask our children to use our cameras...they need to age a bit first. :)

Enough mushy stuff...I know grandparents are waiting for pictures of my kids!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures! Love the vibrant color.

Lacey* said...

awww. you're sweet Jen. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how big your kids are getting and that your moving. I know we haven't seen you in forever but be sure to keep in touch.