18 days ago I told my sweet heart good by for 20 days. Let me tell you, I am not a strong woman. 20 days has seemed like forever. But today those 20 days have twindled to 2, or 48 hours. 48 hours from now he will be home. 48 hours from now our family will be together again. 48 hours from now you won't be able to wipe the smile from my face.
Today thanks to some friends I had some time alone - really alone, meaning no one was in the house and asleep, I was completely by myself, all the kids were gone with someone else tending to their every need for 4 and a half glori0us hours. I know it was done so I could get work done, and I did (7 light fixtures, one errand, and 2 complete bedrooms to be exact) but I took a little sanity time as well and went to the mall. It is strange how after almost 6 years of being a mom I no longer know how to act in public when my children aren't with me. I didn't know where to keep my hands b/c they weren't busy pushing a stroller, I didn't know where to keep my eyes because I didn't have to be constantly watching where my children were, and I didn't have any distractions from those pesky kiosk sales people.
It was strange, but I loved it. I even splurged on some perfume for my sweetie's arrival because after being apart for 20 days I don't want to smell like the stinky girl I've been while he's away. (note - I've been stinky b/c I've been working up a sweat daily packing and cleaning our home - it is NOT for lack of showering.)
Anyway - all I've got to say is that the next 48 hours had better go by quick and it had better be a long time (or never) until we have to do this again.
P.S. Sorry no pics.
2 comments:
You are so close.. I hope the times passes quickly.
That is a long time to be apart! Glad it's almost over! (Actually...he should be back by now, right?!?!) Glad you got some non-mommy time! I probably wouldn't know what to do with myself at the mall without my kids either!
Post a Comment